159042813_275036324212805_5297994920767989457_n.jpg
101522294_120701752979597_5458827390820024320_n.jpg

ABOUT US

The founder of our company, Amos Stoll, Sr., started his construction business in 1952. At first, Amos worked out of his home office in rural Daviess County.

READ MORE

The founder of our company, Amos Stoll, Sr., started his construction business in 1952. At first, Amos worked out of his home office in rural Daviess County.

The company was named Stoll Bros. Construction, and his projects were new homes along with some commercial jobs including banks and several church buildings. It was around 1970 that Amos used Schrock cabinets in one of the homes and the crew members were impressed with the quality, so he became a distributor for Schrock Kitchen Cabinets.

 

As the business grew, there was not enough storage space for the kitchen cabinets at the home place, so Amos rented a portion of a former lumberyard building in Odon, Indiana. The business was incorporated in 1978 as Stoll Bros. Lumber, Inc. Some of our employees have been with us for decades and including Amos, Sr., four generations of the Stoll family work at our stores at the present time. The main lumberyard is just a few blocks away from where we started, and there is now a second location in Loogootee, Indiana. Both locations are full-service lumberyards with tools, hardware, paint, plumbing, electrical, flooring, door, and window departments.